We just repurchased this vehicle from Sam and Sarah, who moved to Colorado and needed a 4WD. For details on their purchase, click here.
Here is a summary of all we did to it for them:
• GoWesty super thorough ultra major service
- All maintenance items back to zero miles
• Suspension, cooling, electrical, fuel systems—thoroughly gone through
• GoWesty zero-lift, progressive rate springs
• GoWesty 16" wheel and tire package
• Fresh GoWesty 2.5 engine with all new stainless steel exhaust
• Fresh GoWesty automatic transaxle with posi unit and external trans cooler
• All new brakes, bigger up front
• New 3-window 100% acrylic pop-top tent
• GoWesty state-of-the-art auxiliary battery system
• Nice stereo system and new speakers all around
• GoWesty super thorough ultra major detail inside and out
- Everything that is supposed to be there is there
- Everything that is there is guaranteed to work
• Over $3800 worth of just-in-case reliability-enhancing work
• Full exterior disassembly and repaint back to original white
• Black texture coating around bottom
• GoWesty latest design bumpers, rear with 2" receiver hitch
• GoWesty pop-top lift-assist
• VW South Africa grill and headlights
... and much, much more. A full set of restoration pages detailing exactly all that went itno this puppy is included with the vehicle.
The total out the door cost for Sam and Sarah was $67,869.70, which included all tax and license fees. We repurchased the vehicle from them for $49,550 delivered. They put only about 4000 miles on it. All we had to do was a thorough detail inside and out, have some minor body damage on the driver's side repaired, change the oil and filter, and test drive it.
Price listed above includes our markup of 20%. Included in this markup is our GoWesty written bumper-to-bumper $5000 max, 48/48 warranty. Basically, if anything goes wrong with this Westy in the first 4 years or 48,000 miles, GoWesty will repair or pay for the repairs up to a maximum of $5000 total.
So, it is basically as good as it was the when we built it for Sam and Sarah, with a better warranty, only 4000 more miles, and over $5000 less than it was originally!
Bret and Rachel from California jumped on this Weekender. The total price out the door includes the vehicle cost, mark up, warranty, tax & license, cost to ship the Weekender to them, plus the following items they added on:
• Fiamma F45S 8 ft. Awning, Installed
• GoWesty Solar Panel Kit, Installed
• Engel MR40 Fridge/Freezer & Accessory Bundle, Installed
Nice buy, Bret & Rachel!