These super high quality door panels are produced right here in the USA for your Vanagon. They are a direct fit for every Vanagon model from 1980-91, and are available with optional pleated lower panel map pockets, and feature a 3-pleat stitch that matches the design found on Recaro seats.
Panel set includes:
• One driver's side, and one passenger's side interior door panel
• Full set of door panel clips
• Black: Classic vinyl black.
• Gray: The vinyl color is very close to the original Vanagon gray vinyl color.
• Tan: The vinyl color is very close to the original Vanagon tan vinyl color. We do not recommend the tan vinyl door panels if you are installing tan leather Recaro seats, as they will not match at all.
We have left these panels completely covered by the material, so depending on your year and model, you will need to make incisions in the fabric to gain access to these openings for installation. Also, installing this kit provides a great opportunity to relocate your power window switches to the dash with this nifty kit. The panel board material features all the necessary cut-outs for all models, such as power window and mirror switches, and 1988-91 speaker holes. Vanagon models made from 1980-87 had the speaker located closer to the window crank, and were notorious for the window crank hitting the speaker. If you utilize this location for your speakers, we highly recommend installing a set of our high offset window cranks. The later 1988-91 location is better, but still not ideal for a quality speaker. If you want the best quality sound, we recommend installing a 6.25" speaker down at the bottom of the door, below the door panel itself.
Please note that these are made to order and are non-returnable.
The product weight listed is for UPS Dimensional Weight calculations, and does NOT reflect the actual product weight.